♥Human interaction is vital to our state of well being, and we experience these interactions through what we like to call relationships. This can include a family relationship, a friendship, a partnership, or a love relationship. The relationships we form and the quality of these relationships, have a direct impact on our well being. To maintain a healthy relationship, there are several factors that must be established, practiced, and maintained.
- Trust– Believing that person has your best interest in mind and accepting each others’ thoughts.
- Support- Be nonjudgemental. Give positive feedback. Accept their choices. Show compassion.
- Honesty- Communicate openly and truthfully
- Accountability- Accepting when you have made a mistake or taking responsibility for your actions.
- Cooperation- Be open to new or different ideas. Make decisions together. Be fair.
- Respect- physical and emotional safety. Providing space when asked.
- Communication- Listen and take it all in.