What are you guys up to this memorial day weekend?
Well, I am taking the time to enjoy the company of my family. At 17 years old, I took a leap of faith and moved to a city by myself with absolutely no family or friends, and while 10 years later I have established a life for myself here, I still cherish the moments when I can visit home and enjoy the company of my family.
While not everyone has the luxury of having the day off or being able to travel to see family, there are several activities you can enjoy by yourself, to stimulate your mind and enjoy the holiday.
- Watch a movie you’ve never seen before. This can be at home, or you can take yourself on a date to the movies. Grab a small popcorn and enjoy. This way you don’t have to worry about anybody talking your ear off through the credits. lol.
- Cook yourself a nice meal or go enjoy dinner at a place you’ve been dying to try.
- Catch up on sleep. Some of us, myself included, work long, busy days. I know I live for a good day off, where I can just lay in my bed.
- Go hiking. Take in the fresh air and the scenery. Enjoy life for what it is…BEAUTIFUL!
- Clean. For some this is just as intense as a day at work. For myself, I find cleaning relaxing. Not to mention how much I love the smell of fresh lilac and verbena.
- If all else fails….call a friend. Sometimes just the company of a friend is all we need to put a smile on our face.
Ahhh…the smell of the grill and the warm hugs yet to be shared. Everyone have a wonderful memorial day weekend!♥
Photo By: Katrina Gray